Last Updated: November 8, 2021
Click on the links below to go to a specific section of this Policy.
We collect personal information when you use our Services. In this section we will explain the types and sources of information we collect from you.
Information You Provide to Us. We collect certain types of information from you directly. We collect this information when you register for an account or use our Services through the Site or App.
- Account Registration Information. We will collect certain contact information to allow you to register an account with us and to communicate with you. We will collect information such as your first and last name, your e-mail address, and your phone number. We collect this information in order to register your account and communicate with you about your account or your use of our Services.
- Home Search Preferences. We may collect information from you about your home buying preferences. If you are using our Services to search for a home to buy we will collect information such as your preferred location, your preferred home size, the number of bedrooms and bathrooms you would like your home to have. We collect this information from you to show you the types of homes that you would be most interested in purchasing.
- Real Estate Transaction Information. We may collect information from you regarding your real estate purchase or selling status. If you are buying a home, we may collect information about your identity such as your legal name as it appears on your driver’s license and information about your mortgage including your lending institution and the amount of your mortgage. We collect this information pursuant to your decision to make an offer using our Services.
- Communications Information. We may collect information about you when you speak with one of our professionals by phone or through our chat services. Information we may collect through these communications is used to improve your experience on our Site or App and provide you with assistance or information related to your use of our Services.
Information We Get From Others. We may get information about you from other sources. We may add this to information we get from the Site or App.
- Account Authentication Information. When you provide us with permission to use biometric information to authenticate your account, we may collect certain mathematical information about your face that is stored on your device. You may opt out of sharing this information at any time by turning it off in your account on the App.
- Consumer Reporting Information. We may receive certain nonpublic personal information from consumer reporting agencies about you in order to provide you with our Services.
- Information from our Service Providers, Partners and Affiliates. We may collect information about you from our Partners and Affiliates such as lenders and real estate brokers who we partner with to provide you with Services.
- Publicly Available Information. We sometimes collect information from public government sources in order to help you purchase or sell a home. We may collect information about your deed, sales information about homes similar to yours as well as permits, liens, or tax assessments on your home.
Information Automatically Collected. We automatically log information about you and your computer or device. For example, when visiting our Site or App, we log your computer or device operating system type, browser type, browser language, [IP address], the website you visited before browsing to our Site, pages you viewed, how long you spent on a page, access times and information about your use of and actions on our Site or App.
Cookies. We may log information using "cookies". Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive by a website. We may use both session Cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent Cookies (which stay on your computer until you delete them) to provide you with a more personal and interactive experience on our Site. This type of information is collected to make the Site more useful to you and to tailor the experience with us to meet your special interests and needs.
We use your personal information as follows:
- Provide Our Services. We use information we collect to provide our services and improve your experience on our Site and App. This information helps us show you homes that may interest you and deliver personalized content that may help you use our Services.
- To Communicate With You. We use your personal information to send you information including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages. We also use personal information to communicate with you about your use of our Services related to your interests in purchasing a home.
- Marketing and Promotions. We use your personal information to communicate about promotions, upcoming events, and other news about products and services offered by us and our selected partners.
- Market Research. We use your personal information to aggregate it with other Users and conduct market research on home searching and purchasing activity in markets where we provide our Services
- Fraud Detection and Prevention. We use your personal information to protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity.
- Information Security. We use your personal information to ensure the security of our Site and App and to investigate any unauthorized attempts to access personal information
- Dispute Resolution. We may use your personal information to defend our legal rights against claims brought in court or other dispute resolution forums.
We may share personal information as follows:
- When You Request. At your request, we will share personal information to provide Services to you. When you request to tour a home, make an offer, or connect with a broker using our Services we will share certain information about your requests with other parties such as homeowners, lenders and real estate brokers to facilitate this request.
- With our Service Providers. We may share your information with other companies who are working on our behalf to provide you with our Services. The companies include technology, customer service, marketing and information security service providers that help us improve your experience on the Site or App, provide you with our Services, and secure your personal information while using our Site and App.
- Merger or Acquisition. We may share personal information when we do a business deal, or negotiate a business deal, involving the sale or transfer of all or a part of our business or assets. These deals can include any merger, financing, acquisition, or bankruptcy transaction or proceeding.
- Without Your Consent. We may share personal information without your consent in order to comply with a lawful legal request, comply with a law enforcement investigation, defend our legal rights or assist in emergency situations to protect the health and safety of our employees and agents, our customers, or any person.
We may also share aggregated and/or anonymized data with others for their own uses.
The protection and security of your personal information is important to us. We maintain technical, organizational, and procedural safeguards designed to protect our customer’s personal information from unauthorized access and misuse. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Site or App. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Site or App. We encourage you to help us protect your personal information by securing your account using a strong password and using other measures available in your account to authenticate your identity prior to using the Services.
- Opt-Out. If you no longer want to receive marketing communications from us, our marketing emails provide instructions on how to “opt-out.” If you opt out, we may still send you non-marketing emails related to your use of the Services or for other purposes. Non-marketing emails include emails about your accounts and our business dealings with you.
- Requests. You may send requests to access or delete your personal information to our Contact Information below. You can request to change contact choices, opt-out of our sharing with others, and correct or update your personal information.
- Cookies. You can typically remove and reject cookies from our Site with your browser settings. Many browsers are set to accept cookies until you change your settings. If you remove or reject our cookies, it could affect how our Site works for you.
You may also contact us at our address:
2035 Sunset Lake Road
Newark, Delaware 19702
or at the email: firstname.lastname@example.org.